diumenge, 7 de juny del 2009

Final evaluation

Observing my portfolio I notice a great inmprovement of my level of English since September 2008. There's an evidence of this improvement almost everywhere, but specially in the writings and in the observation of our oral presentations.
I think that the activities that best shows my level of English are the writings. When you read any comopstition such as an informal letter or an opinion essay, you realize you have included new words, expressions and phrasal verbs you hadn't heard of at the beggining of the course.
The most useful activities for me to improve my English have been the transcription and the observation of my oral presentations and listening to others' presentations. While writing down your transciptions, you realized what you did wrong and how would it be right. Moreover, doing the observation of my oral presentation was the best way for me to know what to change or improve in the next presentation. Finally, when looking to others' presentations you realized what they did wrong so what you souldn't do.
I really didn't find useful doing summaries of news. I think that we just wasted our time doing them 'cause it was just reducing a text or leave out some lines of the original text. At the most, we just learnt some vocabulary we needed to understand the news.
Finally, one of the activities I enjoyed doing it was watching films and afterwards doing a summary of it. It's a good way to learn English 'cause you have to understand what characters say and at the same time you have fun watching it. Furthermore, then you have to write a summary so you are working as well.